Making media content for teen girls and then hating on them for liking the content
22 things that men should be required to do
1. Learn what the female orgasm is, how it works, why it doesn’t have to happen every time, and how you can up your chances of making her feel generally good in bed.
2. Read up on rape culture, what it is, and how you are complicit in it while still being a good, normal, pretty much healthy person.
3. Learn to remove the strong, often false different between the “pure, maternal” women and the “dirty, undeserving-of-respect” women.
4. Work on finding a woman who can be both of those things simultaneously in your eyes.
5. Understand that blanket statements like “women aren’t funny” or “women are too emotional” ultimately only make you look like the object of pity, and not your intended target.
6. Stop calling them “chick flicks.”
7. Get over the fear of looking like “that guy” when you call out your friends for saying really fucked-up, sexist shit around you.
8. Definitely stop saying these sexist things yourself.
9. Eradicate the words “slut” and “whore” from your vocabulary entirely.
10. Only judge a woman’s personal and sexual history if you hold yourself — and every other human — to those same standards, and know that they are only your own, and not objective.
11. Realize that the kind of body pressure we all are faced with is only eradicated if we stop treating certain bodies with extreme shame and degradation, and sayings like “No Fatties” only add to that.
12. Understand that women who don’t fit into society’s ideal beauty standards face a kind of uphill battle that you will never face.
13. Work with competent, strong, thoughtful women and have nothing but respect for the work that they do.
14. Realize that the love and respect that they extend to their mothers, sisters, and daughters, should be extended to every woman, because their family members are not some magical creatures who are exempt from the realities of womanhood.
15. Understand the difference between a sexual preference and fetishizing a certain group of people.
16. Try to make sure that women feel comfortable and safe in your presence, by demonstrating that you are not a threat and have every intention of treating them with respect and care.
17. Do not be offended at the idea that a woman might be scared being alone with you at night if she doesn’t really know you.
18. Feel grateful that you don’t have to live with the same kind of fears that she does.
19. Get rid of the idea that some activities are wholly “feminine” or “masculine,” and accept that there is nothing wrong with a man who does housework and raises children, if that’s what he loves and what his family needs.
20. Be giving and honest with your emotions, because you realize that life is short and that keeping it bottled up or playing cat-and-mouse with it only hurts everyone.
21. Imagine what it would be like if your body were regarded as an unavoidable catalyst to bad things happening that you must now prevent.
22. Lose your fear of weakness, of crying, of showing love. Because all of these things, if they do anything, make you more of the great person you already are.
going back to school after a break is like when you pause a video game to go pee and when you come back you forget how intense and chaotic everything was when you paused it and the second you unpause it all your enemies collectively punch you in the face
for some reason I’m not afraid of weeping angels anymore
This makes me look at these things in a whole different light.
PLOT TWIST: we’re all time lords with our clocks scattered around the Universe, hidden by other species because we got too powerful and the Doctor is the only one that didn’t have his clock taken, so now he is trying to get us all to remember who we really are through a TV show
The name’s Mickey. Mickey Smith. Defending the earth.
And that’s what I call character development.
WHY DON’T MORE PEOPLE TALK ABOUT MICKEY FUCKING SMITH.
Mickey is horribly under rated cause i mean his girlfriend kinda got swept away by a time traveling alien and he fucking deals with that and stays home to live his life and occasionally helps save the fucking earth and he just goes from being the protected to the protector and he ends up with another horribly under rated character, martha, and they’re just so perfect and i’m so happy they end up together like i cried so hard when i saw them in that last scene. like rory kinda goes through the same thing but i’m always gonna love mickey more because he’s fucking awesome and he doesn’t get the credit he deserves